- I almost forgot I was in Africa, until…Kyran came home from a morning out with Ruth. Apparently, there was a big fire on the side of the road. At first they thought it was an accident because traffic was stopped. Ruth finally asked somebody what was going on. They (the mob?) caught a thief (he was trying to steal a boda-boda) and beat him to death and were burning the body. That’s right, this is not the Western world.
- I am going to miss these children. A lot. Jung Hyock (the Korean UPA volunteer) is having his going-away party here tomorrow. Tonight, the kids were practicing the songs they will sing for him tomorrow. Tears.
- I have mosquito/flea(?) bites all up the inside of my right calf. And I cut my thumb on a knife today. No big deal, the knife was pretty dull and I’ll equate it to a bad paper cut. There are also bruises all over my thighs. I run into stuff way too often.
- Lizzy made chocolate peanut butter brownies and told me about them. Lizzy, for the record, I now think you’re a jerk. But I love you, regardless.
- The miracle suitcase has been solved for a little while now. It was the Somerdale Marantha Bible Church that contributed to the miracle of a ton of stuff weighing under 50 pounds.
- Politics in latin. Poli = many, tics = blood-sucking creatures. All together now = many blood-sucking creatures. I forget where and when I heard that, but it’s been quite a few years. And it still tickles my fancy as much as it did the first time I heard it.
- The sunburn on my thighs itch. More than the mosquito/flea(?) bites.
- My face is so disgusting. It feels greasy and it’s breaking out. I don’t care, neither do the children. Have I mentioned how beautiful the are?! And their skin is so clear!!! Lucky bums…ok, so maybe I do care a little bit.
- If you’ve been praying for these kids, continue to do so. Some of them are so brilliant and I hope they can overcome these less than stellar circumstances and do amazing, incredible things.
- If you’ve been praying for me, say a prayer of thanksgiving. Jesus is renewing my heart and reawakening my spirit. He is bringing me to a fuller understanding of His love for me.
- I finished The Importance of Being Foolish by Brennan Manning and started Travels with Charley in Search of America by John Steinbeck.
- I know I’m hitting a mountain top with Jesus and someday I will recess into a valley. But I think I’ve never known His love like this before. Remind me of this moment when I enter another valley.
- We are now in the rainy season.
I am forever learning to truly love you and I miss you. 1 Peter 4:8 – Above all, love each other deeply because love covers over a multitude of sins.