Let me preface this with, IT’S TOTALLY FINE IF WE DON’T GET A CARE PACKAGE for two reasons. 1) None of the things I’m requesting are necessary. 2) It’s so expensive to send. I looked on the USPS Web site and to send a flat rate standard size international package it’s $37! And I don’t even know how big the package is.
Buuuuut, I’ve had a lot of people ask if we need anything so if someone feels so inclined to send me a package…it’d be awesome. I’m requesting a few things.
- The Lion King. The children have learned the “Hakuna Matata” song from the Lion King from Ronnie. And love it! However, they have never seen the movie and I’d love for them to have it. VHS, DVD, new, used, (dare I say, even a burnt copy)…whatever.
- Some cheap other children’s movies. They have TV here, but none of the few channels we get ever play children’s shows. Go to Walmart, they have $1 movies…or some place that sells used movies. Again, VHS, DVD, it doesn’t matter. Or if you want to splurge (as if the postage alone didn’t cost enough), maybe another Disney movie or two.
- Coloring books. I brought three and I thought they’d have a bunch. But they don’t.
- Magazines. Selfish, but maybe a few American magazines for myself. Relevant, People, Rolling Stone…I don’t care.
- And a Nicholas Sparks’ novel/DVD wouldn’t be too shabby either. 😉
That’s all. I can’t imagine you can fit too much in the box. Like I said, none of this is necessary…but it’d be nice for the children and me. If you are able to send something of the sort, PLEASE EMAIL ME (email@example.com) before you send it out. The last thing I want is three people/groups to send me the same package.
As I type this Frida is sleeping in my arms. Too precious, though I’m afraid she may pee on me at any given moment.
All my love.