This job is mind-numbing at times, and I feel like a part of me dies each minute I sit here and read celebrity gossip or check and recheck my blog stats. The wrinkles in my brain decrease every time I sort the mail. My spirit fades each time I get snapped at. Blah. I never thought having such an easy job would be so suffocating. I don’t mean to complain really, it’s been a good run. I’ve had the best lunch breaks and interactions with some really amazing people, but I’m over it.
With all that said (specifically the part of me dying…) I thought now is a good time to start my list of things I want to do before I really die. So I have 28 minutes left in the work day, let’s see what I can come up with (in no particular order):
- Go to Africa.
- Backpack through Europe with my dad.
- Fall madly in love, but in a timely fashion.
- Visit all 50 states. I mean really visit, not just drive through.
- Get married to a man who I can honestly say is my best friend.
- Climb a legitimate mountain, one that requires a bit of training.
- Bicycle across the United States.
- Have a job I love, where I’m doing something that matters.
- Build a solid retirement fund.
- Retire, but not how most people consider retiring. (For more on this, listen to John Piper’s philosophy on retiring.)
- Confidently talk about Jesus and have actions that follow it up.
- Have babies. Adopt babies. Be a parent. Love. Love. Love. No baby talk.
- Go to India.
- Go to South America.
- Go to Australia.
- Go everywhere.
- Take my family to the beach. And to Walt Disney World.
- Celebrate my 50th wedding anniversary, much like my maternal grandparents. With all my children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
- Get a master’s degree in something.
- Be the hands and feet of Jesus in preventing social injustice even when it’s not trendy.
- Take my little sister to New York City.
- Have backyard bonfires with my older sister.
- Take my mom to the beach.
- Photograph my dad on the D-Day beaches.
- Buy a house, with a big backyard (bonus points if it’s by a lake or ocean).
- Go back to Africa.
- Read every Dr. Seuss and C.S. Lewis book.
That’s all I have time for. Expect multiple edits in future posts.
Also – for future reference, Belgium is its own country. It is not in Germany.